Cambridge Exam Preparation
Preparation courses for the Cambridge FCE (First Certificate) and CAE (Advanced) certificates. Students participate in the general English classes in the mornings to improve their fluency and accuracy, and then do specific exam training in the afternoon. There are, also, extra self-study exam practice lessons offered daily. There will be a teacher on duty to issue exam material and to do the reviewing and marking with the students on an individual basis as and when needed. Formal practice exams are also done in class to ensure students are familiar with the different techniques required.
Lessons per week: 30 x 50 minutes group plus 5 self-study exam sessions
Levels: Upper-Intermediate to Advanced
Lesson times: 09:00 – 15:30 Monday to Friday plus 15:40 – 16:30 exam practice daily
Course length: 8, 10 or 12 weeks
- Gain real-life English Skills for work and study
- Take a high-quality test that is fair to everyone
- Choose where and when you take the exam
- Have a certificate that is accepted globally
Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) is an in-depth assessment of English for people who want to use English in demanding work and study situations. The exam focuses on level C1 and shows that a student has the language ability to carry out complex research and communicate effectively at a professional level. It offers proof of the English skills that education institutions and employers seek for high-achieving study and work situations.
It covers all four language skills (Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking) and knowledge of grammar and vocabulary. Preparing for the CAE will give you these kinds of practical language skills:
- the reading shows you can deal with different types of text
- shows you can write a variety of text types, such as essays and proposals
- the use of English lets you demonstrate your knowledge and control of grammar and vocabulary
- the listening shows you can follow and understand a range of spoken materials
- the speaking shows you can communicate in a real-life context
Cambridge First Certificate in English (FCE) is an upper-intermediate (B2) level qualification. It proves you can use every day written and spoken English for work or study purposes.
Preparing for the FCE will give you these kinds of practical language skills:
- understand the main ideas of complex pieces of writing.
- keep up a conversation on a fairly wide range of topics, expressing opinions and presenting arguments
- produce clear, detailed writing,expressing opinions and explaining the advantages and disadvantages of different points of view.